home52 Transportation is a centralized and coordinated system developed to meet the unique needs of riders who require specialized transportation services. home52 Transportation provides the right type of vehicle, at the right time, with the right support to meet an individual’s needs.
Your Ride. On Demand.
Your Ride. On Demand.
Reliable transportation is one of the most important social determinants of health. Transportation to medical appointments plays a significant role in improving health outcomes, lowering costs and increasing patient satisfaction. And, non-medical transportation for activities such as grocery shopping or accessing community resources can improve an individual’s ability to remain healthy, independent and engaged with their community.
How It Works:
home52 Transportation will coordinate multiple transportation providers through a centralized coordination system, providing both on-demand and advance-scheduled trips. The program will serve:
- Hamilton County Elderly Services Program and FastTrack Home clients
- Patients discharging from area hospitals and skilled nursing facilities
- Seniors and people with disabilities requiring transportation to routine, follow up or same-day health care appointments
- Seniors and people with disabilities who need transportation for non-medical needs such as grocery shopping
home52 has partnered with The Health Collaborative to measure the impact of a coordinated transportation system on reducing health care costs and improving health outcomes.
home52 Transportation addresses a key social determinant of health. When individuals can get to their appointments, adherence improves, resulting in better outcomes and cost savings for patients and providers. home52 Transportation provides:
- Improved efficiency and appropriateness of trips for patients, families and providers
- Increased satisfaction for riders due to flexible scheduling options, hands-on assistance and on-time service
- Same-day scheduling to help patients manage chronic medical needs, resulting in fewer missed appointments and less reliance on ER and 911 systems
System and infrastructure funding is provided by an Access and Mobility grant from the Federal Transit Administration, Council on Aging and The Health Collaborative. Transportation services (rides) are funded using existing payor sources, when applicable. Additionally, home52 Transportation can contract with healthcare facilities and providers that wish to cover the cost of transportation for their patients or clients.
Why home52 Transportation?
Older adults and people with disabilities often require specialized transportations services, including special vehicles, assistive devices, through-the-door, and on-demand service. When local transportation networks can’t meet these unique needs, whole segments of our population experience a decline in their health and quality of life.
home52 Transportation will coordinate multiple transportation providers through a centralized transportation coordination system, providing specialized, on-demand and advance-scheduled trips for older adults and people with disabilities.
Additionally, for providers such as hospitals, health systems, dialysis clinics and federally qualified health centers, home52 Transportation can act as a centralized scheduling service, optimizing routes, schedules and vehicles to best meet the unique needs of their riders.